Stories of Inequality
To understand others, sometimes it helps to “walk in their shoes”. The below stories give a brief glimpse into the experience of others. Take a moment to listen and reflect.
Instructions: Watch the video/ listen to the story.
- How did the story make you feel?
- Have you ever been in a situation that felt unfair?
- Have you ever seen an unfair situation? What did you do about it?
- Would you choose a new student for your soccer team?
- Josh and Emma had lots of questions. Now it’s your turn to talk to your family and ask your questions.
Instructions: Watch the video and think about Naudika’s story.
- Could you relate to any parts of Naudika’s story?
- Have you ever felt that others were treated differently than you?
- Were you treated better or worse? How did it feel?
- Have you ever defended someone that was being treated worse?
- What can you do to advocate for someone who is not being treated fairly?
- Who can you talk to about your thoughts and feelings?
See you next week for our next lesson!